Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kris, Dave and the Lumps: Post Surgery

I forgot to mention something because I wasn't able to attend one of Kris' appointments with Dr. Moran. The gist of the message I've already said earlier but, I wanted to report what Dr. Moran had to say about the Tissue removed. He said that they could hardly find any cancer in the tissue removed which is very good news!

Monday, 10-Nov-2008
Met with Dr. Kuisle to check on Kris' recovery since having the dead tissue removed. The wound has been seeping a little and he noted more fluid than he likes, so, he removed two stitches and installed a drain. He said they would gradually pull out the drain and remove it as they went. This way the cavity will collapse and heal around the end of the drain. He also prescribed another round of Anti-Biotics. Downside is Kris needs a lot of gauze to soak up the fluid. The wound actually looks good other than this.

Kris also called to get enrolled on my insurance while she's on long term disability. It was another example of the definition of 'bureaucratic nightmare' but, she's on my insurance now and things should be good to go... ok, things will be good to go but, she only gets on my insurance Wednesday the 4th! Nothing like increasing the stress for folks who are trying to heal! :/

Despite all of this, Kris' spirits are up and we are moving along. She will begin Physical Therapy Wednesday the 4th and hopes to be back to work by end of November. Me? I'm just being selfish and enjoying the fact that when I get home, she's able to greet me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment