Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kris, Dave and the Lumps: Presurgery Week 1

Wednesday 24-Sep-2008
I know, I'm posting this quite late and I apologise for that.

We saw Dr. Kuisle's assistant to confirm what will happen for the surgery. First we will need to have an outpatient procedure the 1st of October. This procedure restricts the blood flow in the area of her stomach. That way, the surgeon knows which blood vessels will be feeding the tissue used for the tram flap reconstruction of the breast. Then on the 10th, we have the surgery. Mostly, we confirmed that she does not need to worry about stopping her Warfarin (blood thinners) for the outpatient procedure on the 1st. For the surgery on the 10th, she'll need to stop them a day or two prior. On the 6th of October, we'll have a followup to make sure that the procedure they did on the 1st worked the way it's supposed to.

Oh, I don't think I mentioned that Kris has opted to leave the port in since she'll be getting Herceptin treatments until Next April. It may seem strange, but, the port is in the overall more comfortable then the normal IV stick in the hand or arm... or so Kris maintains. :)

Edit: Correcting the dates. Originally I said the procedure is on the 6th, it's on the 1st. The followup is the 6th... I was remembering having to ask what hours I work on the 6th and thought that meant the procedure was then... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment